Frequently Asked Questions
Where Are You Located?
Radiant Music Studio recently found its new home in South Pasadena, California. We have been located conveniently on Mission Street and Fremont Avenue for about 7 years. We love the community and the families here! We are easily accessible off the 110 Freeway, and a few minutes away from the 10 and 710 Freeways as well. Our studio is located on the second floor of the building and our parking lot can be accessed through the back entry on Hope Street.
Do you offer in-home lessons?
Do you offer in-home lessons?
We do not offer in-home lessons at this time, however, Radiant Music Studio provides three practice rooms each equipped with professional grand pianos and up-to-date technology/teaching tools. We also offer a homey atmosphere in our lobby along with free WiFi for you to keep up with your busy life. Parents can either keep their children company as they take their lessons with our trained and certified instructors, or relax in our lobby.
What Instruments Do You Teach?
Radiant Music Studio focuses on Piano studies only.
How Much Do Lessons Cost?
Our Trial lesson is just $15, however, if you end up signing up for the semester, we waive this Trial lesson fee. Lessons during the semester start at $220 a month and we offer 30-minute, 45-minute, and 60-minute lessons. Instructors usually recommend a certain lesson length after the initial Trial lesson depending on the students’ age and skill level. If a student joins Radiant Music Studio during the course of a semester, we can offer a prorated rate for the remaining lessons in the semester.
We understand that some of our students have busy schedules and cannot commit to a whole semester at a time. In these cases we can offer a la carte lessons, which come in packages of 4 which start at $264.00
What If A Student Has To Miss A Lesson?
Luckily, Radiant Music Studio offers many alternatives if you have to miss your lesson. You may either:
- Reschedule your lesson to one of our two flex weeks. Flex weeks are designed for our students to cancel (a maximum of two times per semester) and reschedule to one of our designated make up weeks we call “Flex Weeks.” Simply let our admin staff know at least 24 hours ahead of time, and we’ll be sure to update your schedule. (Note: Students are not billed extra for flex weeks in their semester tuition)
- Swap with another student’s lesson time. Just let the front desk know at least 48 hours ahead of time, and they’ll be happy to email parents on your behalf. (Good solution if there is a conflict with your schedule for any reason).
- Opt for a video lesson, where the student sends videos of their current repertoire, and our instructor responds with videos of their own along with detailed feedback (Great solution when you are away for vacation).
- Take a Live Video lesson. Let the administrative assistants know 24 hours in advance, and we’ll arrange for your instructor to teach you over Zoom! (Excellent solution if you cannot make it into the studio, or if the student is contagious but still able to play).
- Wait to see if another student cancellation occurs on the same week–if there is a cancellation, admin assistants will offer the slot to you (Good solution if no feasible swaps are possible.)
All of these options are easy, and designed to help you miss as few lessons as possible. Ask our team if you would like to utilize any of these options! As a disclaimer, canceled lessons cannot be made up, and no credit or refunds of any kind are given.
Can A Student Switch Their Lesson Time?
Prior to the beginning of every semester, you have the opportunity to switch your permanent lesson time. We are happy to accommodate you, provided that the teacher and studio availability is open. Be sure to let admin know, and they’ll check your instructor’s availability. Simple as that!
Where do I start if I would like to purchase a piano?
First time piano buyer? It can be overwhelming! Equip your child with the best instrument you can afford. Please feel free to ask admin or your instructor and we would be happy to provide a list of great options. If you are in the market for an acoustic piano, we would be happy to direct you to some of our contacts at local piano showrooms.
How much should students practice?
Normally our teachers recommend that students begin by setting 1-2 goals every day. The time spent on the goals is different for all students. As students continue their piano studies, this may take anywhere from 15 minutes to one hour. Our goal is for students to practice purposefully and efficiently as this helps them in the long run.
2020 © Radiant Music Studio.